J&J’s Recycling Manager at Brooke Army Medical Center (BAMC), Andy Medina, recently went to the Practice Greenhealth conference in San Diego where he picked up an award for recycling initiatives at BAMC on behalf of J&J’s Healthcare Environmental Services Department.
BAMC’s Environmental Services Department received Environmental Excellence for ‘Progress for Change’ and ‘Greening Efforts in the OR’.
Numbers Leading to Award:
- Paper – 20 tons/month + added additional paper recycle containers
- Cardboard – 20 tons/month
- Plastic – (3) tons/month + added plastic recycling stations throughout facility
- Batteries – .35 tons/month + initiated battery collection
- Toner – .75 tons/month + enhanced existing toner collection efforts
J&J is proud to partner with BAMC in achieving this great award and even more proud to have Andy on our team!