NEW USACE District – Little Rock
J&J has been an active construction contractor for the United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) Mobile District and Huntsville Center for over 20+ years, but this year marked an historic moment for J&J with a contract in a NEW district.
USACE–Little Rock District [AWARD = $900M]: On July 14th, J&J and JJBrun were awarded a $900,000,000 Multiple Award Task Order Contract (MATOC) for design–build construction services through USACE–Little Rock District in support of the Air Force Medical Support Agency (AFMSA).
These are significant wins from several perspectives:
- Fierce Competition: There were 28 proposals submitted, which was narrowed down to only seven (7) contract awards.
- More Bid Opportunities: By receiving two (2) awards, we are able to participate in both the large and small business pool of task orders issued by USACE–Little Rock.
- Large Business: J&J; Walsh Construction Co. II LLC; J.E. Dunn Construction Co.; and United Excel Corp.
- Small Business: JJBrun JV LLC; SpecPro Environmental Services LLC; and Encompass IDBO, LLC.
- 1st JJBrun AWARD: This was J&J’s first award with our Protégé (HR. Brun & Company, Inc.) in the construction NAICS code through our small business MPA.
Initial Outfitting & Trasitioning (IO&T): This MATOC is unique from those issued by USACE–Mobile District and Huntsville Center as it includes Initial Outfitting and Transitioning (IO&T) as a major component of each project. This is a new endeavor for J&J’s construction team.
It is anticipated that the number of task orders issued under this MATOC will be relatively low, but the complexity and average dollar value of the task orders will be much higher.
Given our O&M presence at a number of Air Force facilities, J&J will be asking our O&M management team to work closely with our construction management team on any of the task orders where we maintain an O&M presence, so we may put together the most competitive proposals and identify the best subcontractors to support this important new customer.